DIY CAR PARK GARAGE FOR CHILDREN

When Tahniat from Saleeqa466 asked me for Story Hop DIY Children’s Toys/Games
Collaboration, I instantly said YES!

There are other Moms who have worked creatively on their Projects and have made quite good Games.

There is Tahniat, who initiated this collaboration, others are:

@symaz_home43
@momentswithlittleone
@samimaryam

Check out these links and please Follow them on Instagram.

Our children have got almost every type of toys but not many stuck around. The only things they play on regular basis are Legos, Puzzles and…… CARS!!! Even my daughter plays with cars and to much of our surprise, sleeps with them! Yes, you read it right!

During the lockdown, Cars were everywhere around the house. I had enough and thought to put them in one place but still have a Play-Friendly Object.

So, for Collaboration I decided to go with Car Park Garage.




There are not much supplies you will need to make it. Its basically a Recycle and Reuse Project. You can make it under 2 hours, In shaa Allah.

You will need:

Cardboard Boxes

Empty Roll Tubes (I saved from aluminum foil and wax paper)

Tin Cans (if they are of required height)

Pencil or Marker

Ruler

Paper Cutter

Glue Gun

Lets Make It

For base, I used Avokado Delivery box. Its quite large and sturdy. But its height was taller than needed. Time to cut it off.

Mark the required height from bottom, cut along the line with Paper cutter.

Cut out the small bottom flaps.

Glue in all corners to make the box sturdy.

Then I marked for Entrance and Exit for cars, taking measurements from the biggest car in children’s collection. Cut out with cutter.

For 1st level, I used flat box of puzzle. First, I decided where I want it on Base box, then marked for entrance and exit. I cut only the sides and folded the flap downwards.

For 2nd level, I wanted to make way from inside, so I marked in center of Puzzle box lid and cut along three sides and creased it downwards.

From tubes, cut pillars to support 1st and 2nd level according to desired height.  Cut enough to support the weight of cars.

First glue the tubes to underside of 2nd level and 1st level.

Then glue 1st level to base. Cut and glue a cardboard rectangle to join base and 1st level.

Glue tubes of 2nd level to 1st. Cut and glue a rectangle from cardboard to 2nd level flap.

If you have helicopter, why not make a Helipad!




Glue a can or tube on top and a cardboard piece on it. Make a slope for fun!

Your CAR PARK GARAGE is ready. Your children will love to play with it like Mine, I am sure!


Here is a 360-degree view of CAR PARK.


You can use different boxes for different heights, and it will be fun to play with!

And do not be a scrooge in using glue gun, after all, children are supposed to play with it (wink, wink)

Give it a try and do not forget to share it with me on Instagram @rabeeamadeit.

My children playing with garage


Comments