How did I heal in 2019? Part One


I was 3 months pregnant stepping into 2019. Just like previous 2 pregnancies, I was scared, alone, uneducated about childbirth, no family support, and just a couple of friends. Its tough being out of your country and on your own.

And Allah found me lost and guided me. My friend Juveria told me about her traumatic birth experience and didn't want me to make same mistake that she did. She knew about my traumatic birth experience and wanted to help me. She introduced me to Sumrana, a certified doula and Amani childbirth educator. The course was expensive and comprised of 10 classes, 2 hours each. I was not sure if my husband would let me get it but to my utter surprise and shock, he said YES!

Now comes the next difficult phase-how will I attend this course? My only option was weekday mornings when my oldest one was in school but my 3 year tagged me. So when my oldest one left , I would get us both ready and went in taxi to Sumrana's class. After class, I had to pick my oldest from school before heading home. Doctors' appointment were going along as well as I had some medical issues.

Amani Childbirth is the only Islamic childbirth course in the world. Learning all the science part along with Allah's logic behind labor and delivery, it was a total eye-opener. It was a life-changing experience for me. All the things that I had doubted and questioned in my previous 2 deliveries, I got my answers and realized that a mother's intuition is right. Childbirth is the most natural of things, why have it been made so complicated!

Sumrana was very generous. She answered each and every one of my questions and satisfied me. She sensed that I was eager to learn so she never shut down the gates of her knowledge. My so many prayers for her future and her success. She wanted me to have the best birth experience, so I needed to change my doctor and hospital.

It was my 7th month of pregnancy and schools had closed. The freedom that I had before, I didn't have anymore. I was so scared. My doctor had basically rejected my birthplan, will new doctor accept it? Then again my friend Javeria gave me a push. I agreed to try other hospital. But my husband gave me a headsup that they will do all tests and ultrasound again so I should be mentally prepared for the hassle.

Mind you, I took 3 hours Glucose tolerance test twice in previous hospital, it was exhausting. I said my prayers and repeated what I had learned in Amani course-my job is to tie my camel and Allah will take care of the rest. And He did, Alhamdulillah. My experience of birthing was empowering, my doctor respected all of my wishes, not only He blessed me with baby no 3, but also some amazing and supportive people. I could not be more happier!

Its sad to see that people do not value the knowledge relating childbirth. They think its just for one day, too expensive for that and not any visible gain or certificate that they can show to the world.
One day I said to my husband that the education he has provided me for, not only benefitted me, but all those who I will pass it on to. I will share it with my children someday, my friends, cousins, everyone and anyone who wants it.  And the people who will benefit from this knowledge, making transition to parenthood easy and enjoyable, it will be Sadqa-e-jariya for him. Thats the beauty of our religion-ISLAM. He will earn good deeds, just by letting me take that course and spending money on it, and he will reap his rewards in Hereafter too, ameen. He was glad that he allowed me.



My advice to you? Educate yourself about this important phase of your life, your relationship with your children will be better and strong. Know your rights and your baby's right even before they are born. You owe it to yourself and your family. Make your intentions good and Allah will reward you with more than you can imagine. He did it for me, my children, my family and supportive friends like Sumrana.


You can contact her on facebook and instagram. She offers complete Amani Birth course and Crash courses as well in Jeddah.

https://www.instagram.com/jeddah.mothering/
https://www.facebook.com/jeddahmothering/


 If you live anywhere else and would like to attend this course, go to www.amanibirth.com and there you can find out about the doulas who live in your part of the world.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I will gladly reply you :)

Comments

  1. MashaAllah Mabrook Rabeea. I agree with you... it’s so important for us to invest in educating ourselves for the stages of our life. We become better mothers and pass it on. It touches the whole sphere of our life and everything that touches it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha’Allah it’s heartwarming and affirming to read your experience with AMANI Birth. We are proud of all our teachers and doulas and hearing from AMANI Birth moms like yuh is what keeps us doing this work. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashaAllah, so glad to read about your child birth experience. I often think how difficult it must've been for you all alone there without family. You are one strong woman, MashaAllah.

    People often forget that the phase after child birth is equally important for the mother and child.
    Right after my second one's birth I faced such an insensitive behaviour from those close to me, I was made to feel guilty for reasons I never understood.. and then I fell in depression and anxiety, that didn't leave me after a long time.
    Now I'm learning to forgive others and mostly to improve my ikhlaq. Our ikhlaq should be a reflection of ourself not others.
    May Allah give us the strength and courage to forgive and let go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment